[Bioc-devel] Mac binaries for R 2.12 fixed

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Wed Oct 20 08:31:09 CEST 2010

Bioconductors,

Some users have reported problems with the Mac universal binaries
we've made available since yesterday as part of the new BioC 2.7
release.

Note that only R 2.12 users on Mac who installed from binary
(i.e. who didn't use type="source") are affected by this problem.

We've fixed the problem and new universal binaries are now available
for installation. Note that we didn't bump their version numbers so
you won't be able to update your installation using update.packages().
Please just re-install your Bioconductor packages with biocLite().

IMPORTANT: Only R 2.12 users on Mac who installed BioC packages
from binary need to re-install them.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing and please let us
know if you have any question.

Thanks,
H.

--