[Bioc-devel] MIAPE/MIAME in eSet

Laurent Gatto laurent.gatto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 12:58:48 CEST 2010

Dear Florian,

On 13 October 2010 11:03, Florian P. Breitwieser
<fbreitwieser at cemm.oeaw.ac.at> wrote:
>  Dear developers,
>
> we are developing a package for Bioconductor, using eSet as a container for
> the assay data.
>
> It is Mass spectrometry proteomics data. In the same manner as MIAME exists
> for Microarrays, there is a minimum information about a proteomics
> experiment (MIAPE) defined by the Proteomics Standards initiative.

I am also working with MS data and would be very interested in a
proper MIAPE container. The difficulty here is that MIAPE is very much
a check list of meta data items and the variety of assays in
proteomics is particularly broad.

> Currently, experimentData slot in eSet is of class MIAME. Are there plans to
> generalize this?
> I am happy to help, and to contribute a MIAPE class definition.

I would definitely also be willing to actively participate in such a
development.

By the way, the next Bioc dev meeting in Heidelberg [*] would be an
excellent opportunity to discuss and work on this.
Do you plan to attend?

Best wishes,

Laurent

[*] http://www-huber.embl.de/biocdeveleurope2010/