[Bioc-devel] include data from non self-sufficient .R files

Laurent Gatto laurent.gatto at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 00:58:46 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I have some data to be included in a package. The data needs to be
easily loadable by the users, optimally with data(), and consists of a
set of class instances, classes that are defined in the package
itself.
Something like:
myData1 <- new("aClass",...) ## in myData1.R
myData2 <- new("aClass",...) ## in myData2.R

that I would like to be loadable with

data(myData1)
data(myData2)

Although putting the .R files that generate the data objects directly
in the data directory would be the simplest solution, I can not this
because the code is not self-sufficient. I can't figure out how to
easily and automatically include these.
What is the suggested way to include this kind of data in a package?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best wishes,

Laurent