[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor package not found with Google search result link

Sean Davis seandavi at gmail.com
Mon May 3 17:52:22 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:09 AM, James W. MacDonald
<jmacdon at med.umich.edu> wrote:
> Hi Julie,
>
> Zhu, Julie wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I search ChIPpeakAnno using google web site, the first hit is the
>> following URL. But when I click on the URL, I got the error "The requested
>> URL was not found on this server". I am wondering if this is because the
>> server is temporary down or the site is permanently removed.
>
> It appears Google doesn't have the current index of the Bioc website. The
> URI you want is
>
> http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.6/bioc/html/ChIPpeakAnno.html

And the following URL will get the most recent release, whatever that may be.

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/ChIPpeakAnno.html

> Best,
>
> Jim
>

>>  http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/html/ChIPpeakAnno.html

It will be interesting to hear from the Seattle folks, as I'm not sure
that this was ever a valid URL?

Sean