[Bioc-devel] reproducible quartz only PNG Graphics overwrite problem on MacOSX

Kasper Daniel Hansen khansen at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Jan 11 23:36:06 CET 2010

There is clearly a bug in the quartz driver for png I would say (although when you report it you might want to be careful about where you claim the bug to be since it is not clear that the bug is in R - it could be the rendering code).  I also think that there seems to be a funny issue for type = "cairo" since one can see a difference between the box and the axis line - but that could again be a rendering issue, not an R issue (it would still be nice if it was worked around).  The reproducible example is very nice.

You need to report this to either R-devel or R-sig-mac or to the bug report system.

I would refrain from hardcoding type = "Xlib" in your package code, but that is just my opinion.

Kasper