[Bioc-devel] push changes to devel

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Jan 11 18:19:29 CET 2010

On 1/10/10 2:55 PM, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> Thanks for the clarifications.  As is evident from my original email,
> this works a bit differently than I expected.
>
> Leaving aside my current issues that are easily resolvable,  I would
> find it more natural that R CMD check on package A (which depends on
> package B) uses the version of package B obtainable by biocLite.  But
> if this is the first time this issue has appeared in the last many
> years, it is probably not worth spending any more time on.

My impression is that  this sort of issue does not arise often.  If
others see it differently, please speak up and we will see if we can
address the issue.

Perhaps an advantage of the current setup is that it helped you find the
incompatibility sooner than you might have had the build system had the
additional complexity to test your package against repo versions of its
Depends.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon