[Bioc-devel] The ShortRead::chromosome function

Fri Dec 10 20:25:21 CET 2010

Howdy,

I'm developing a package that defines a `chromosome` function. Since
the `setGeneric("chromosome")` is already defined in ShortRead, my
package lists ShortRead in the Imports of the DESCRIPTION, and also
has an importFrom(ShortRead, chromosome) in my NAMESPACE.

I also have an exportMethods(..., chromosome, ...) in my NAMESPACE so
that people can use this function when loading my library, but this
function isn't actually being exported into "the works."

I looked back at the ShortRead package, and realize that the
`chromosome` function is not listed in the `exportMethods` clause of
its NAMESPACE. Is this why that's happening? Shouldn't `chromosome` be
listed in the ShortRead NAMESPACE file, anyway?

Thanks,

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou