[Bioc-devel] where does the vignette .Rnw file go?

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Aug 24 19:35:23 CEST 2010

On 08/24/2010 09:49 AM, Steve Lianoglou wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Paul Shannon
> <pshannon at systemsbiology.org> wrote:
>> I am confused about the proper directory in which to put the vignette for a package ('RCytoscape') I am submitting.
>>
>> It appears that <packageName>/man is where the .Rd files go, one per method.   Do I use man for the vignette also?
>
> I'm pretty sure it's meant to go in <packageName>/inst/doc

yep; the GenomicRanges package might be a reasonable role model --
developed fairly recently so current 'best practices' and not yet too
elaborate. It's available in svn

https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/GenomicRanges

Package developers should have access with their existing user name and
password, others can use 'readonly' / 'readonly' as described at

http://bioconductor.org/developers/source-control/

Martin

--
Martin Morgan