[Bioc-devel] limma and NChannelSet

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Sep 21 15:47:11 CEST 2009

Audrey Kauffmann wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> As far as I know, RGList is the format expected from most limma
> functions to handle two colour arrays. I was wondering if there is a
> plan to make it possible to use limma functions on NChannelSet objects?
>
> Also, is the following the best way to convert a NChannelSet (NCS) into
> a RGList?
>
> RG <- new("RGList", list(R = assayData(NCS)$R, G = assayData(NCS)$G))

Hi Audrey --

Unfortunately, NChannelSet doesn't specify the names of the channels, so
there is no certainty that it contains R and G.

The 'convert' library defines a method as(rglist, "NChannelSet") which
might provide additional data to be moved between classes, e.g.,

  library(convert)
  selectMethod(coerce, c("RGList", "NChannelSet"))

Martin