[Bioc-devel] Different behavior of get() between 2.9.0 and later versions`

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Wed Nov 4 21:12:40 CET 2009

Hi Luigi and Robert,

For Luigi:  The inconsistency appears to be originating from missing
probes in the mgug4122a probes table.  This only seems to be happening
for certain "corner case" probe packages.  But in the meantime, this is
not a problem with get() or with the org packages.  I will get to the
bottom of what caused this and apply a fix it ASAP wherever it is a
problem (so far very few things seem to be affected).  Thank you for
pointing this out!

And to answer Roberts question:  To get an NA back (in R) from one of
these accessory tables you are adding, you should only have to have null
values in the relevant fields after the import.  No need to put NA
strings into your input files as that will result in NA strings being
stored in the DB.  Just leaving those portions of the input table blank
should result in null values in your database table, which should give
you the results you want when you look at those from R using
AnnotationDbi (meaning NAs).

So basically your database table should look like this when you query it:

whateverkey|

Please let me know if I need to clarify that.

  Marc