[Bioc-devel] Zipped Rdata files in windows binaries

Nishant Gopalakrishnan ngopalak at fhcrc.org
Sat Feb 7 00:01:46 CET 2009

Hi Adi

The recommended size for software packages is less than 2 MB on disk
http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/Package_Guidelines#size-requirements

Data files in the range of 10 ~ 20 MB will need to be built into a
separate data package and would typically go  into our experimental data
package repository.
http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/ExperimentData.html

A typical user of your software package would probably not need the
large  experiment data files for their application and hence we would
like to maintain them as separate packages.  I can help you with
creating the data package once you have the data files ready.

Nishant