[Bioc-devel] Important announcement for all package maintainers.

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Wed Sep 17 20:15:29 CEST 2008

Hello package maintainers,

As everyone is hopefully aware we are coming up on the fall release.
This means that we are looking very closely at the current devel branch
since a snapshot of that will soon become the next release branch.  We
don't want to have to "prune" anyones packages out of the release, but
as maintainers we do need you all to please make sure that your packages
are in good shape (able to be built and pass check).  To assist with
this, I would like to remind you that we have the following website
which can let you know at a glance if any of the packages that you
maintain are not in good shape:

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.3/bioc-LATEST/

In addition, we have noticed that some of you have not kept a current
email in the DESCRIPTION file of your package.  This means that if
something goes wrong near to release we have no way of reaching you.  If
your package is in bad shape and we have no way to reach you then we
will have no choice but to leave you out of the release branch.  So
please be sure to look at your packages DESCRIPTION file and update it
with a current email address as needed.  Keeping your email address
current could save you a lot of trouble.

Thank you for participating,

  Marc