[Bioc-devel] Building embedded library on windows [was: header file hierarchy break some BioC packages]

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Thu Sep 11 13:05:41 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 09:07 +0200, Steffen Neumann wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 22:32 +0200, Steffen Neumann wrote:
> > >On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 09:48 -0700, Herve Pages wrote:
> > >For these packages, the problem seems to be that a number of include
> > >directives are missing: #include <stdlib.h>, #include <string.h>,
> > >etc...
> Being worked on.
Fixed.

There was a thread last year [Bioc-devel CXX on liverpool/lemming]
which at least helped me get this far with precompiled .dlls,
but now Rdisop finishes with a single warning,
namely that for executables in Rdisop/src/win/.

There has recently been a post on bioc-devel on a related issue,
([Bioc-devel] EBImage: Devel version on Windows not building)
where the suggestion was to compile the required .dll
for windows as well, instead of providing precompiled libraries,
but I am unable to get this work in Rdisop, as I have only
limited knowledge in building for Windows.

So I'd love to leave it as is and be able to ignore
the warnings in check (just renamed Rdisop/src/win to Rdisop/src/winlibs
so in 2 days I'll see whether that helps), but if neccessary
(and with some help) I can also try to fix the windows build.

The embedded library imslib is autoconf/automake/libtoolized after all,
but these tools are already quite complex on multiple Unix dialects,
and w/o any windows experience (and local 64bit development environment)
I won't manage before BioC-2.3 release in October/November.

Is there somebody I can talk to regularly on this,
if neccessary off-list ?

Yours,
Steffen

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE