[Bioc-devel] graph package dependency on libiconv or libintl

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Fri May 2 01:59:21 CEST 2008

Dan,
I am working on the BioC 2.2 Mac OS X Tiger binary packages builds right
now, and I anticipate they will be ready by tomorrow (or sooner if the
first round of builds go well). When these binary packages are ready, I
will replace the Mac OS X Leopard binary packages with the Tiger ones on
http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.2/bioc. You may want to hold off
spending more time on this issue until the new builds come out.

This does bring up a question about the BioC 2.3 development builds.
Should they be on Tiger or Leopard? I have a feeling we will be
revisiting this situation 6 months from now. I'll make sure we build on
both Tiger and Leopard and then we can choose, based on user feedback,
which binary packages to put in the BioC 2.3 release. One benefit of
Leopard is that we can get 64-bit versions of the Mac OS X packages out
there and, given the data sizes users commonly encounter, having a
larger memory address space can greatly increase analysis capacity.

Cheers,
Patrick