[Bioc-devel] rbind for ExpressionSet objects?

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu May 1 02:26:01 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

I have only just noticed that the methods package now has generic
functions rbind2() and cbind2(), which it didn't when the combine()
function was first created for Biobase.

I think it would be clearer and more elegant to implement rbind2() and
cbind2() methods for ExpressionSet, and to retire combine() sometime down
the track (not obviously for the imminent Bioconductor release).  The term
"combine" is a somewhat overused, e.g., it conflicts with the c() function
in base.

What do you think?

Cheers
Gordon