[Bioc-devel] R cmd check time limits for BioConductor

Kevin R. Coombes krcoombes at mdacc.tmc.edu
Tue Jun 10 13:41:33 CEST 2008

Hi,

The BioConductor package guidelines say that a package should take less
than five minutes to run "R CMD check". I have a package that is almost
ready to submit; however, it currently includes nontrivial regression
testing in the "tests" subdirectory. With the tests, the time for "R CMD
check" could be significantly longer than five minutes. Without the
tests, the package easily fits within the time limit.

[1] I know that I can run "R CMD check --no-tests [PKG]" to prevent the
tests from running when I check the code myself. Is there any way for a
package submitted to BioConductor to indicate that the tests should be
skipped?

[2] Alternatively, is there an easy way to include the tests so that I
can run them whenever I want to make sure I haven't broken the code (too
badly ...), but not force everyone else to run them when checking the
rest of the structure of the code and documentation?

Thanks in advance,
     Kevin