[Bioc-devel] Wish: BioC devel on R stable for more frequent package updates

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jan 7 19:00:29 CET 2008

Dear all,

I like the suggestion a lot but...:

I guess the main problem is that the daily checks in Seattle are run on
R-devel and there is no easy way to make sure that a package also runs
on a different version of R. Basically Henrik's proposal shifts the
burden of testing that packages pass R CMD check and R CMD INSTALL on
all the possible versions of R that their "Depends" field allows (and
all platforms) to the individual maintainer. And I am not sure whether
everybody is ready for that, or whether it is an efficient use of our time.

Best wishes
   Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber  EBI/EMBL  Cambridge UK  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber