[Bioc-devel] class declaration

Oleg Sklyar osklyar at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Feb 13 16:07:07 CET 2008

You are not doing anything wrong (almost), but you need to have the
definitions of ExpressionSet before you can use those: library(Biobase)

However, I do not think it is a very good idea to declare a class with a
space in its name -- even if R allows that you never know where you are
going to use this definition and a space is a very particular character
in most programming languages -- it separates keywords, definitions,
concepts etc

* ~: R
:: R version 2.6.1 (2007-11-26)
 > library(Biobase)

 > setClass("my class",  representation(a="ExpressionSet",
b="ExpressionSet"))
[1] "my class"

Best,
Oleg

John Lande wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am creating a class for my function composed by two expression set:
>
> let say
>
>> setClass("my class",  representation(a="ExpressionSet", b="ExpressionSet")
>
> when I lunch it I retrieve this warning.
>
> [1] "my class"
> Warning message:
> In .completeClassSlots(ClassDef, where) :
>   undefined slot classes in definition of "my class": a(class
> "ExpressionSet"), b(class "ExpressionSet")
>
> how can  solve this problem?
>
> --
> john
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Dr Oleg Sklyar * EBI-EMBL, Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK * +44-1223-494466