[Bioc-devel] BioC 2.2 (Devel): Rdisop build on leopard [was: xcms package update for Mac OS X 10.5.1 (Re: netCDF on pelham)

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Fri Feb 1 21:28:19 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 07:47 -0800, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008, at 4:42 AM, sneumann wrote:
> On the Mac you need to be able to build universal binaries (ie. you
> need to compile for several architectures). The suffix for a library
> can both be .a and .dylib. What you seem to be doing above is
> probably extremely non-portable.

I am open for anz suggestions to improve the BioC
experience for Mac Users.

Is there a way to build the universal binaries with configure/make ?

Are there other packages in BioC that build complex libraries
which I could use as example ? Or some Mac specific
documentation links ?

Actually I have in src/Makevars

  cp -r ./imslib/src/.libs/libims*$(DYLIB_EXT)*

so I use whatever extension R has configured.

Yours,
Steffen