[Bioc-devel] Package size limitation

Tobias Guennel tguennel at vcu.edu
Fri Aug 1 05:22:42 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I'm writing my first R package that I want to submit to Bioconductor
implementing an algorithm for detecting differentially expressed genes that
is not available in R yet.
The example data set is an AffyBatch object that contains 6 read in *.CEL
files, which were used in the paper introducing the algorithm and are most
suitable to show the application of the package. Unfortunately, including
the data example increases the size of the compressed package to 6MB.

Is there a way to drastically reduce the size of an Affybatch object or are
there other options that can reduce the file size?

Thanks for your help,

Tobias Guennel
Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics