[Bioc-devel] no visible binding warning messages

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 12 18:42:13 CEST 2007

Hi Keith (and others),

just a note, the code checker is not perfect, but it still great.  i
helps us find some of the bugs.  For instance, it helped me find
mistyped variable names in conditional statements that are rarely
called, but when called would give an error.  So, it is worth walking
through the NOTEs, because some might actually be typos/bugs.

Also, I don't know the latest updates, sometimes you have to do things like:

ORIGINAL:
data(USArrests);
str(USArrests)  # Use the data loaded

UPDATE:
USArrests <- NULL; rm(USArrests);  # A code dummy
data("USArrests");
str(USArrests); # Use the data loaded

to please the checker.  BTW, note the rm(), because data() loads to
the global variables, so you have to remove the dummy in order for the
loaded data to be retrieved.  Of course, you can also use 'envir'
using sys.frame() etc to load data to the current environment.

Cheers

Henrik