[Bioc-devel] Version numbers for your packages

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Sep 10 21:25:29 CEST 2007

"Gustavo H. Esteves" <gesteves at uepb.edu.br> writes:

> Hello Seth,
>
> I'm contributing a new package now (it is under revision), and the current
> version number is 1.0.2. Your message means that I'll need to re-numerate
> the package version for 1.1.0 or 0.99.0, right? If I not change the version
> number, it will not enter the next BioC release?

Moving version numbers backwards is almost always a bad idea so I
would recommend against 0.99.0 unless the package has not yet been
pushed to the BioC web repository (you didn't mention your package
name).

If a package is at 1.0.2, I believe our scripts will bump the package
to 1.2.0 for the release and 1.3.0 for the next devel cycle.  So
changing to 1.1.0 is not absolutely required.

Does that help?

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
BioC: http://bioconductor.org/