[Bioc-devel] Biobase 1.15.33 depends on ALL problem

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Sep 6 15:07:27 CEST 2007

Thanks Keith for the report.

You've entered a bit of a twilight zone, and the sailing will be a bit
rough.

The underlying problem involves changes in R, not Biobase. I don't
know the details, but a series of changes between R r42739 and 42758
use a different way of representing package versions. It looks like
your R lies in the middle of this. I am speculating that the unusual
errors about package version mismatches relate to this; these problems
do not occur on more recent R on linux; there might be
windows-specific issues, which I will investigate later today.

Usually, the solution would be 'update R'. You'll want to be careful,
though, to update R to R-alpha, rather than R-devel, as R-devel has
branched in preparation for the release in October. The problem is
that R-alpha is available as *source*; if you are used to downloading
the binary version of R-devel, then you'll end up with R-2.7.0dev
(which we do not intend to be able to support with biocLite for at
least a couple of weeks).

Martin

Martin Morgan
Bioconductor / Computational Biology