[Bioc-devel] assayDat and ExpressionSet

Mon Oct 15 23:29:34 CEST 2007

There is currently (release version) no enforcement on whether an
ExpressionSet has one or more assayData members not called "exprs".
Is this intentional and will it be stable?

Also, any particular reason why some of the validity functions like
validMsg (and some others as well) is not exported from Biobase? They
seem useful for validity tests.

Finally, as AffyBatch inherits from eSet there is no requirement (as
far as I can see) that an AffyData object has an "exprs" assayData
member. Shouldn't AffyBatch inherit from ExpressionSet (of course
that depends on the answer to my first question).

Kasper