[Bioc-devel] Better late than never.... NEWS

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Oct 15 17:49:49 CEST 2007

	August - September 2007

ABarray

	* : Added parameter for none normalization.

aCGH

	* : Bumped for LazyLoad.

ACME

	* : 1.3.2
	  =====
	  * Major changes to class structures. Now based on
ExpressionSets.
	  * Still needs some significant cleanup of other functions,
but
	  classes seem to
	  work as does do.aGFF.calc

	* : * fixed write.sgr and started working on plot functions
again.

	* : not quite there yet

	* : 1.3.0
	  =====
	  This backs out all the new changes since last release to fix
up
	  things for new release.

adSplit

	* : Bumped for LazyLoad.

affxparser

	* : Committing in for backup. Will commit the DESCRIPTION with
	  increased version number later when I know then new stuff
works.
	  I am running tons of redundancy testing on it right now using
	  aroma.affymetrix.

	* : OK, updating the devel version of affxparser to v1.9.3
(from
	  v1.9.2). For the actual updates, see the release version
v1.8.3,
	  because that contains the same updates.

	  Version: 1.9.3 [2007-08-16]
	  o See updated made to release v1.8.3 below.
	  o The only difference between v1.9.3 and v1.8.3 is the
	  modification
	  of findCfd() in v1.9.2.

	  Version: 1.9.2 [2007-07-27]
	  o This BioC devel version requires R v2.6.0 due to a change
of
	  how strings are handled in C by BioC.
	  o Modified findCdf() such that it is possible to set an
	  alternative
	  function for how CDFs are located.

	* : Updated to Fusion 1.0.9 and bumped the version number. I
also
	  decreased the dependency to R (>= 2.5.0), simply because I
don't
	  knwo if we need this...

	* : Only comments for now, version is still to be bumped, which
	  will not happen before new AffymetrixDataTestFiles package is
on
	  BioC.

	  o Added argument 'recursive=TRUE' to findCdf(). Note, the
current
	  working directory is always scanned first, but never
recursively
	  (unless explicitly added to the search path). This is to
avoid
	  endless scans in case the search path has not been set.
	  o findFiles() now do a breath-first search in lexicographic
	  order.
	  o Removed default search paths cdf/ and data/cdf/. We do not
want
	  to enforce a standard path.
	  o Now the examples (as well as test scripts) utilize data
	  available
	  in the new Bioconductor AffymetrixDataTestFiles package. This
	  means that R CMD check now runs much more tests, which is
good.
	  o CLEAN UP: Removed many of the old testscripts/ scripts.
They
	  are now under tests/.
	  o BUG FIX: If the destination file already existed,
convertCel()
	  would
	  correctly detect that, but would give the name of the source
	  file.

	* : The recent updates to findFiles() did not handle filename
	  patterns correctly.

	* : Bumped affxparser (devel) to the following version:

	  Version: 1.9.5 [2007-09-16]
[...]
	  o BUG FIX: findFiles() was not robust against broken Unix
links.
	  o BUG FIX: If the destination file already existed,
convertCel()
	  would
	  correctly detect that, but would report the name of the
source
	  file.

affy

	* : On Robert's request, removed all notes from the man pages
that
	  were of the form:

	  \note{This function is part of the Bioconductor project at
	  Dana-Farber
	  Cancer Institute to provide Bioinfomatics functionalities
through
	  R.}

	* : small vignette correction

	* : fix in computeExprSet (trouble with named ids,
	  mostly an S4 thing)

	  bumped version number

	* : - fixed geneNames to featureNames (spotted by Robert -
	  presumably
	  missing in the move to ExpressionSet)
	  - bumped version number

	* : added citation

	* : Fixing ppsetApply example

affycomp

	* : Fix bracket pairs in Rd

	* : Add Suggests splines to remove warning.

affycoretools

	* : Use require, not library to load optional packages in code

	* : Backed out xlsReadWrite stuff and made some other changes.

	* : Changes to package structure and vignettes to allow package
	  pass R CMD check.

	* : Kludgy fix in linksBM() to account for the fact that
Ensembl
	  uses different filter and attribute names for the HG_U133av2
	  chip. Also adjusted the default 'annot' argument to
	  probes2table() to match limma2annaffy() and vennSelect(),
which
	  were previously modified because the output of aaf.handler()
	  changed.:

AffyExpress

	* : added the AffyExpress package

	Maintainer: Xuejun Arthur Li

affyio

	* : fix for read_bpmap

	* : fix problem with too many file handles left open problem
for
	  binary CEL files

	* : Fix crash in affyio due to extra call to fclose

	  Also updating required version for oligo

	* : add support for reading command console (aka generic)
format
	  cel files
	  Also will read gzipped versions of the same.

	* : fix some small compiler warnings

	* : fix uninitialized variable warning.

affylmGUI

	* : Version 1.11.5 now displays Citation information in a GUI
	  Message Box as well as in the R Console.

	* : minor code formatting changes and remove INDEX file from
source
	  tree

	* : affylmGUI version 1.11.6. htmlReport now uses parameters set
in
	  the topTable process.
	  main.R and htmlReport.R code reformatted to suit me.

affyPLM

	* : move affydata from "depends" to "suggests"

	* : fix vignettes for dealing with "Dilution" dataset from
affydata

	* : more "R_rlm_interfaces.c" from affyPLM to preprocessCore

	* : fix some compiler warnings

	* : clean up include files. Try to differentiate similar named
	  source code files in affyPLM and preprocessCore by renaming
these
	  files PLM_*

	* : restructed medianPM and median_logPM code

	* : commit the deletion and addition of a file (should have
been
	  previously committed)

	* : small doc fix

	* : Add Sys.sleep in MAplots.Rnw, to give ghostscript on Windows
	  few seconds to finish before Sweave removes necessary
temporary
	  files

	* : resync affyPLM with changes in preprocessCore

affyQCReport

	* : added \usepackage{underscore} on user request - let's see if
it
	  breaks anything

	* : minor addition of additional latex package dependency

altcdfenvs

	* : - cut out dependency to splicegear
	  - fixes in the documentation

	* : - Fixes an unmatched "}"
	  - Bumped version number

annaffy

	* : Fixed problem with primitive methods not dispatching for
	  annaffy S4 objects
	  Removed all dependencies on non-db hgu95av2
	  Renamed "LocusLink" to "Gene" in aaf.handler()
	  Updated aafLocusLink URL
	  Updated aafCytoband URL
	  aafCytoband now uses Gene ID instead of Accession Number for
	  lookup
	  Updated aafGOItem URL to show detail view on AmiGO

	* : Remove classes and functions related to SUMFUNC maps

	  THe SUMFUNC annotation map was never properly implemented and
has
	  been
	  removed from the annotation data packages that are candidates
for
	  the
	  next release.

	* : Forgot to change some hgu95av2 require() lines in the
examples

	* : Quick fix for is_dbpackage internal helper function

	  This function or similar should be in the AnnotationDbi
package.
	  This
	  is a quick fix to get things going. Thanks to Jim MacDonald
for
	  the
	  bug report.

	* : Fixed is_dbpackage() to deal with recent db_conn changes in
the
	  ann db packages. Version bump.

	* : one more try

	* : even better (+ small reorganizing)

	* : Small change in getHTML() to remove warnings that didn't
affect
	  the output.

AnnBuilder

	* : On Robert's request, removed all notes from the man pages
that
	  were of the form:

	  \note{This function is part of the Bioconductor project at
	  Dana-Farber
	  Cancer Institute to provide Bioinfomatics functionalities
through
	  R.}

	* : Fixed a small problem where a list was expected.

	  List was not always being returned from function
	  getList4GO() So switched sapply() to an lapply().

	* : Passed check under R-2.6.0

	* : Use the Artistic License instead of LGPL as default license

	* : Switch to Artistic

	* : we need to move much of the orgName stuff to annotate, since
it
	  is used
	  there and the package dependencies go from there to here

	* : modified man page accordingly

	* : removed one more arg

	* : Added dire warning to users of this function.

annotate

	* : use featureNames rather than geneNames accessor

	* : On Robert's request, removed all notes from the man pages
that
	  were of the form:

	  \note{This function is part of the Bioconductor project at
	  Dana-Farber
	  Cancer Institute to provide Bioinfomatics functionalities
through
	  R.}

	* : Fix useProbeInfo.Rnw

	  It needed to load the annotate package. There is also a
problem
	  with
	  Biostrings::nchar when given an empty view. This patch works
	  around
	  the error by calling length instead.

	* : Allow getAnnMap to understand "foo" and "foo.db" as chip
name

	* : Remove defunct function installDataPackage

	* : Teach lookUp to use getAnnMap

	  This makes lookUp flexible enough for use with env and SQLite
	  based
	  annotation data packages.

	* : Remove doc for removed function

	* : fix doc for lookUp

	* : Maintainer field of Biocore Team packages now points to the
	  BioC List

	  Since biocpkgs at lists.fhcrc.org seems to be a spam magnet and
	  isn't
	  getting much, if any, use we are changing the maintainer
email
	  address
	  for BioC Core Team maintained packages to simply be the main
	  Bioconductor user email list. Most users report problems
there
	  anyhow
	  and we feel that encouraging that single channel for bug
reports
	  is
	  best.

	* : GOTerms class moved to AnnotationDbi, GONode removed

	  In order for GO and GO.db packages to be used interchangeably
and
	  for
	  function in the annotate package to function properly, we
must
	  have a
	  single shared class representing GO terms. This patch moves
the
	  GOTerms class definition to AnnotationDbi and removes