[Bioc-devel] About annotation package mapping different types of gene identifiers

Pan Du dupan at northwestern.edu
Fri Mar 30 00:51:32 CEST 2007

Hi Seth,

Is there any annotation packages mapping different types of gene
identifiers, for example from gene symbol to Refseq, unigene to refseq, or
other combination? I think they are really useful in the practice.
Currently, we have to use some websites to do batch retrieve, which is not
convenient. Actually, when using AnnBuilder to build annotation packages,
all of these information has been retrieved. So why not build a package for
each common organism?

Thanks!

Pan