[Bioc-devel] RFC: xy2i and i2xy in *cdf packages

Francesco Ferrari ferrari.francesco at unimore.it
Mon Mar 26 20:22:27 CEST 2007

Sorry, I didn't report many details since, as I wrote, the work is
still in progress. However our functions will not be included into a
novel package.
Our functions retrieve information concerning x/y coordinates of PM
and MM probes. PM probes coordinates can also be obtained from probe
packages (such as hgu133aprobe package) but MM probes coordinates are
stored only in CDF packages, and chip geometry information are
required to convert CDF package data to x/y coordinates.
These data are then stored for subsequent use with a specific
AffyBatch, but the retrieved information are independent of a specific
AffyBatch object.

Best regards,
Francesco