[Bioc-devel] RFC: eSet with two color data

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Mar 26 17:28:41 CEST 2007

Sean Davis <sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov> writes:
> I see your point.  However, since both options A and B encode the same
> information (don't they?), it should be possible to do column subsetting with
> either.  What piece of information is missing that keeps column subsetting
> from working in both cases?  If that piece of information is truly missing or
> not implied, then, in my mind, the model needs to be enriched; options A and
> B should really be equivalent from an information content point-of-view,
> shouldn't they?

My point is simply that neither option works very well without some
coding and that option B seems to have some benefits in terms of
efficiency of some operations.  The initial discussion implied that
option A works out of the box in a sense, I'm no longer sure that is
true.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org