[Bioc-devel] Question about Vignettes menu in Windows R GUI

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Jun 20 07:28:51 CEST 2007

Hi Pan,

Pan Du <dupan at northwestern.edu> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I found the vignette of my lumi package cannot show up in the "Vignettes"
> menu of Windows's R GUI. I cannot figure out the reason. Is there any
> settings when I create the package or write the .Rnw file?

I wish it were different, but right now package authors have to add
code to their packages to "register" their vignette with the Windows
GUI.

You need a function from Biobase so you should at least add Biobase to
Suggests and then add the following to your package code:

.onAttach <- function(libname, pkgname) {
    if (.Platform$OS.type == "windows" && require("Biobase")
        && interactive() && .Platform$GUI == "Rgui") {
        addVigs2WinMenu("YOUR-PACKAGE-HERE")
    }
}

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org