[Bioc-devel] RBGL 1.12 compile/install issue

Li.Long at isb-sib.ch Li.Long at isb-sib.ch
Tue Jun 19 14:07:17 CEST 2007

Hi, Ben,

Could you take a look at your .../R-2.5.0/bin/SHLIB?  This is what
packages use to build their shared libs.  This script is auto-generated
based on
   R-2.5.0/src/scripts/SHLIB.in
when you install R.  There's nothing special in generating .so in RBGL
compared with generating .so in other packages.

I don't have access to CentOS, but I suspect that during your R
installation, the "configure"-step didn't set the "-shared" flag properly.
 In that case, the fix will have to go to R installation to handle CentOS
correctly.

Let me know.  Thanks.

Li