[Bioc-devel] RPMs for Bioconductor from Biopackages

Allen Day allenday at ucla.edu
Fri Jan 26 03:24:11 CET 2007

Hi,

This is a cross post to both the Biopackages discussion list and the
Bioconductor devel list.

I'm an RPM developer for the Biopackages project (
http://biopackages.net ).  We've previously built Bioconductor 1.8 for
several different flavors and architectures of Fedora and CentOS.
This is handled by a SGE based build farm that we've developed for the
Biopackages project, article forthcoming.

Now we want to package the Bioconductor 2.0 devel packages.  It's a
ton of work, there are ~200 of them.  I'm hoping this mail will
stimulate collaboration between the two projects.  Perhaps we can use
some of the code that does the daily Bioconductor testing in our build
farm, especially if it includes code for building dependency graphs
from the R modules, that is really the rate limiting step to building
the RPMs because we're currently encoding dependencies manually.

Hit me on either list or at allenday at ucla.edu if you'd like to
participate in building RPMs for Bioconductor.  Thanks.

-Allen