[Bioc-devel] Passing variable argument list to ExpressionSet

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Feb 1 14:21:32 CET 2007

This is a simple question, but I haven't found an answer.  I am reading data
with varying types of data that I would like to store in the assayData slot
of an ExpressionSet-like object.  So, I would like to go from a named list of
matrices to a new assayData object.  A concrete example:

x <- list()
x[['cy3']] <- matrix(rnorm(1000),nc=2)
x[['cy5']] <- matrix(rnorm(1000),nc=2)

So, can I construct a call using assayDataNew() or ExpressionSet() that uses
the names and values in the variable x to construct a bunch of matrices in
the assayData slot?  Or should I just write my own assayDataNew() function
(downside being keeping up with changes in API and/or implementation of
assayData)?

Thanks,
Sean