[Bioc-devel] executable vignette?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Aug 2 22:33:43 CEST 2007

Hi Christian,

cstrato wrote:
> Dear all
>
> Can you tell me when is a vignette for a package, e.g. "mypkg", an
> executable file?
> How can I avoid that my vignette is an executable file?
> Is there something special that I have to add to my vignette?

Not sure what you are getting at here. Why would you have a vignette
that isn't executable? That is the main rationale for having one in the
first place.

If you want to make certain code chunks not evaluated, you can put
<<eval=false>>=
in the chunk header. This will also cause that chunk to be commented out
if someone were to Stangle() your .Rnw file. Of course that won't keep a
determined person from executing your code, but it will keep it from
executing unintentionally.

Best,

Jim