[Bioc-devel] RFC: xy2i and i2xy in *cdf packages

lgautier at altern.org lgautier at altern.org
Wed Apr 11 13:49:23 CEST 2007

Thanks for having the time and energy to fix that.

If S4 allows one to create a class that inherits directly from
"environment", that might be an elegant way to go for a first step.
The dimensions can be stored as attributes.
(Across R versions, it used to be allowed, not allowed, then allowed
again... I do not know the current status).

Storing attributes directly in a package can lead to complications
(like dealing with the case where people want to use mapping environments
that are not in a package).

Cheers,

Laurent