[Bioc-devel] affyQA/QC

Caroline Johnston johnston at biochemistry.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Sep 27 11:23:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

I don't know whether this would be of any use, but I've been trying to
develop a web front-end to some of the bioconductor tools, which so far
does a lot of the affy quality assessment stuff. The biologists we work
with aren't comfortable with the command line. I've tried to design it to
make it as easy as possible to add new components (I added the simple affy
qc stuff in about half an hour. It uses the perl Catalyst web framework
and templating to generate web pages and R scripts). It's only running on
the server at the moment, so it can be pretty slow, but we're planning on
sending the R jobs off to other machines soon.

If you want to have a look it's at http://bioinformatics.essex.ac.uk/ROME
(and trac/svn from http://rome.devjavu.com/ , though I wouldn't advise
trying to install it just yet). Upload of data is disabled during testing,
but if you register you'll get some demo data to play with. There's also a
lack of documentation, but if you log in as 'thing' with password 'thing'
and go to session->datafiles you can have a look at some datafiles and
image files I've already created.

If anyone fancies helping out with development, give me a shout.

Cheers,

Cass.