[Bioc-devel] BioC 1.9 release schedule
sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Sep 27 01:49:34 CEST 2006
I thought that I had replied early in the day, but I must have sent a
private reply. Sorry about that folks.
"James MacDonald" <jmacdon at med.umich.edu> writes:
> I was attempting to look at the release schedule this morning, and it
> seems to have disappeared. My university does a lot of caching, so it
> might just be me. Is it really gone?
The recent system upgrade on our webserver caused an issue with the
Wiki which is now fixed.
The release schedule is here:
And since these deadlines are rather important right about now, here
is the text version of the schedule:
Bioconductor 1.9 Release Schedule
* No new packages added to release roster.
* Grand feature freeze for R-2.4.0. Alpha versions available daily.
* Begin daily building of R-2.4.0 for nightly build and recommend
same for all project developers.
* Use R-2.4.0 to test your packages.
* First release candidate of annotation packages built and posted to
devel annotation data repository
* Nightly build switches to the R-2-4-patches branch.
* Beta release of R-2.4.0 available.
* Stage I Code Freeze: no API changes, no new features.
* Deadline for packages passing R CMD check without error.
* Deadline for packages passing R CMD check without warning.
* Stage II Code Freeze. We will be building release repositories
and testing. *Only* "show-stopper" bugs will be fixed where
show-stopper is defined by the release team (not package
* Annotation data packages finalized.
* R 2.4.0 is released
* Build final release repositories
* Testing install scripts, GUI installation
* Release of Bioconductor 1.9
More information about the Bioc-devel