[Bioc-devel] library and require with variable arguments in package code

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Sep 15 17:38:55 CEST 2006

Hi Seth,

> And now after responding to one developer that they should avoid calls
> to require() in their code, I'm going to send you a patch that does
> just this :-\

to clarify: yesterday I had seen that same warning message that Joern
reported earlier today from matchprobes, where in the function
combineAffyBatch there was also a call to "library" with a variable
argument. The warning went away when I replaced "library" by "require"...

 Cheers
  Wolfgang

PS Of course Joern could have found this out by just coming across the
corridor, but then on the other side all you other guys on this list
wouldn't have learn about it.