[Bioc-devel] .First.lib error in beadarray

Mark Dunning md392 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 13 17:21:49 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a basic question, but I am seeing the following
error in the 1.9 Check  report for beadarray on Solaris

Error: .First.lib failed for 'beadarray'
Call sequence:
2: stop(gettextf(".First.lib failed for '%s'", libraryPkgName(package)),
        domain = NA)
1: library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, verbose
Execution halted
See section 'Generic functions and methods' of the 'Writing R

Full details are here:

I'm quite new to development, so unfortunately this message means
little to me and it's quite puzzling that it appears on Solaris and
no other machines? Would someone be able to give some pointers how to
go about fixing the error?

Thanks in advance for any help

Mark Dunning
PhD Student