[Bioc-devel] NAMESPACE woes [was Re: Update on upcoming BioC 1.9 release]
pshannon at systemsbiology.org
Wed Sep 13 02:45:36 CEST 2006
I'm trying to fix the 'check' errors in my 1.9 bioc gaggle package.
Perhaps someone can help with me with my confusion.
- I installed R 2.4.0.alpha on linux
- I install the gaggle's prerequisites (Ruuid 1.10.0, graph 1.10.6, rJava 0.4-9)
- I run R CMD check gaggle_1.1.6.tar.gz, and got the following warning:
* checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the name space can be loaded with stated dependencies ... WARNING
>>> Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : could not find function "setClass"
>>> Error: unable to load R code in package 'Ruuid'
A namespace must be able to be loaded with just the base namespace loaded:
otherwise if the namespace gets loaded by a saved object, the session will
be unable to start.
Probably some imports need to be declared in the NAMESPACE file.
My NAMESPACE file looks like this:
Since Ruuid has no prerequisites of its own, I am puzzled by the check failure, and the
(possibly misleading) error message:
unable to load R code in package 'Ruuid'
For what it's worth, I have had problems (and proably will -still- have them) with
NAMESPACE and rJava. rJava doesn't use NAMESPACES itself, and the new R seems
to require NAMESPACES all the way down.
I'll be very grateful if anyone can help me out.
More information about the Bioc-devel