[Bioc-devel] Tiling array data

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed Oct 18 20:00:17 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 12:55, Rafael A Irizarry wrote:
> oligo has a class for tiling arrays.currently i use it to open affy and
> nimblegen arrays.

Thanks, Rafa.  I have looked at the oligo TilingFeatureSet.  The idea is to
pair the data with an annotation package, it seems?  Will it be difficult to
implement parsers and generate annotation packages for other array types like
agilent (just as an example)?

Is it possible and does it make sense to move TilingFeatureSet into Biobase to
reduce dependencies for folks who want to use it, as it does seem to offer a
general solution not specific to the oligo package?  If the consensus of the
developers is that TilingFeatureSet is the way to go, I would vote for doing
that (even if it isn't immediate, as I know that you and Benilton are still
actively developing Oligo).

Sean