[Bioc-devel] svn pages

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Nov 7 16:04:07 CET 2006

Kasper Daniel Hansen <khansen at stat.berkeley.edu> writes:

> There are two documents in the developer's howto about updating the
> release branch. I suggest merging them into one.
>
> http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/SvnHowTo  <- seems to be newest
> http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/HowTo/Update_Release_Branch

Please merge away :-)

> I believe that all we need to do these days is bumping the version
> number, and then it gets build automatically - right?

Yes... But it is important to emphasize that developers should run R
CMD check and should do their best to test any packages that depend on
their package.

We run a regular build of the release and push out packages that
pass check _and_ have a version bump.

> Also, only one of the docs mention sending an email to bioc-devel. I
> would guess that the relevant place is the main bioc list?

I should have read this one first -- I just replied to your post
saying, "send this to the main bioc list" :-)

+ seth