[Bioc-devel] COPA vignette

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed May 17 16:14:00 CEST 2006

rcaloger <raffaele.calogero at unito.it> writes:
> Hi,
> just to make the mantainer of COPA informed :
>  in the release 1.8 of Bioconductor the COPA vignette is 3111 page long !
> due to the commands:
>  > library(colonCA)
>  > data(colonCA)
>  > colonCA
> An object of class "exprSet"
> Slot "exprs":
> Hsa.3004 Hsa.13491
> 3111 pages
> the informative part of the vignette start again at page 3108

I took a quick look at this one and it is very strange: the colonCA
exprSet is not getting recognized as such and instead of the show
method, we're getting the default print method which is causing the
spew of output.

I wasn't able to reproduce it by installing copa and colonCA and
repeating the commands in the vignette.

Herve, can you take a look at a more recent build of copa for 1.8 and
see if the vignette is significantly smaller than 3Mb?

Raffaele, thanks very much for these reports.  We will work with the
package's maintainer to find a fix and make it available as soon as we
can.

Best,

+ seth