[Bioc-devel] Bioc 1.8 Release Schedule

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Mar 27 20:07:07 CEST 2006

Hello all,

It is that time again.  Bioc 1.8 is scheduled to be released on May 1,
2006 and we have a lot to do between now and then.

I've posted the release schedule for Bioc 1.8 here:

    http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/Bioc_1.8_Release_Schedule

Highlights (please see the above page for details):

* R-2.3.0 is in alpha.  Please start testing your packages against it.

* April 10th is the deadline for API changes and new features in your
  packages.  It is also the deadline for packages to pass R CMD check
  without errors.  Please keep an eye on the build resutls page:
  http://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/1.8/html/report.html

Best Wishes,

+ seth