[Bioc-devel] imageMap in package genplotter has wrong signature

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Mar 7 19:08:35 CET 2006

"James W. MacDonald" <jmacdon at med.umich.edu> writes:

> Wolfgang Huber wrote:
>> Hi Florian: please go ahead an check in your fix.
>> All: should we set the maintainer for geneplotter, genefilter, Biobase
>> to be "bioc-devel"? This might lower the threshold for some to contribute?
>
> How about 'Biocore'?
>
> I think it is a good idea to change the maintainer on the packages that
> anybody in Biocore can contribute to. For me it wasn't clear that we
> should be doing this, and it seems I am not alone.

There seems to be consensus among key Biocore members that this is a
good idea.

Here's the plan:

1. We will modify a number of "our" packages to have the maintainer
   set to Biocore and list an email alias (something like
   biocmaintainer@ or biocpkgs@)

2. Biocore members (you know who you are) can let me know if they
   would like to receive mails sent to the alias.

3. Biocore members are encouraged to fix bugs and make improvements to
   packages where the maintainer is Biocore.  We only ask that such
   updates are accompanied by an explanatory email sent to bioc-devel.

Best,

+ seth