[Bioc-devel] imageMap in package genplotter has wrong signature

Florian Hahne fhahne at gmx.de
Fri Mar 3 13:19:48 CET 2006

Hi all,
When running the example of imageMap with R-2.3.0 I get an error

Error in imageMap(coord, con, list(HREF = paste("http://", href, sep =
""),  :
        no direct or inherited method for function 'imageMap' for this call

I checked the signature definition and the error seems to be caused by
the connection object

setOldClass("connection")
setMethod("imageMap",
  signature=c("matrix", "connection", "list", "character"),
  definition=function(object, con, tags, imgname) {

When I apply

setOldClass(c("file", "connection"))

the example works again, but only if I do this interactively, not when
changing it in the source and after rebuilding the package. Strange...

Anyone has an idea what's going wrong here?

By the way, the package has a namespace but no .onLoad function, but
that's not the problem here...

Cheers,
Florian

--