[Bioc-devel] Some build system changes

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Wed Mar 1 20:20:29 CET 2006

Hi Bioc-developers,

Yesterday I set up the build system to make it use the "-ansi" flag
when compiling Bioconductor devel packages. Today, after looking at
the build/check results, it seems that this change broke too many
packages :-(

2 frequent non-ANSI "features" found in the Bioconductor C code are:

   - Use of C++-style comments //

   - Use of the R_FINITE macro (defined in $R_HOME/src/include/Rmath.h):
     this macro is a wrapper for C99 isfinite() function. You must use
     the "-std=gnu99" gcc flag in order to compile code that uses it.

So may be it's better if we stick to the original flags and I will
restore them ASAP. Any suggestion?

H.

--
Hervé Pagès