[Bioc-devel] Update on exprSet to ExpressionSet transition

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Jun 9 23:09:56 CEST 2006

Hello all,

We've updated the experiment data packages in our 1.9 devel repository
and converted all saved exprSet instances to saved ExpressionSet
instances.

http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.9/data/experiment/

I expect a number of packages to fail check in the 1.9 devel branch
because of a lack of methods for handling ExpressionSet objects.

If this affects one of your packages, please accept our apologies for
the inconvenience and please consider adding a fix as soon as you can
:-)

The fixes should be easy: if you have a method for exprSets, add a
similar method for ExpressionSets.  For the most part, you can treat
ExpressionSet instances the same: exprs(), phenoData(), annotation(),
subsetting via "[" all work for both.

We would like to hear about any issues or questions here on this list.

Best Wishes,

+ seth