[Bioc-devel] Some build system changes

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Tue Feb 28 21:42:49 CET 2006

Hi Bioc-developers,

Some small changes introduced recently in our build system:

   - We now build and check all Bioconductor devel packages twice a day
     instead of once only. The build/check report page:
       http://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/1.8/html/report.html
     is updated every day at 3:00 AM and 3:00 PM.

   - R-devel used by the build system has been updated to 2006-02-27
     snapshot (r37445).

   - Packages containing C code are now compiled on our Linux build
     machines with gcc flags "-g -O2 -ansi -pedantic -Wall" instead
     of default "-g -O2 -std=gnu99".
     This has the advantage of producing more usefull debugging info
     (available on the build/check report) and to also warn you when
     your C code uses some C99 feature that might not compile on old
     systems. A typical warning will look like:

       warning: ISO C90 forbids variable-size array `myarray'

These changes should be visible tomorrow morning on the build/check
report.

Regards,

H.

--