[Bioc-devel] Request for Comment: SNP Annotation package design

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed Feb 15 20:53:35 CET 2006

Seth,

It seems like there is more information available than that in your proposed
table structure.  Do you really want to drop those accessory data (like Avg
Het. or from what database the snps are derived)?  If you stuck with the
table structure from UCSC, then on the implementation side of things, one
could envision being able to use RMySQL, RSQLite, or RdbiPgSQL to access the
tables which could be easily obtained from bioc (RSQLite) or via a local
database (which probably several of us already have running).  I don't do
much SNP work, so I shouldn't really be saying much, but disk space is
pretty cheap, so it seems like more might be better (or at least not worse)
here?

Sean