[Bioc-devel] Couple of eSet questions

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Feb 2 21:00:08 CET 2006

On  2 Feb 2006, sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov wrote:
> I ask here because I get the sense that these things are developing,
> still.  If I am wrong, I can certainly redirect to the Bioc list.

This is a good forum for the discussion.

> 2)  With regard to reporterInfo, is there going to be a constraint
>     to keep
> the single-column data.frame idea as presented in the vignette, or is that
> slot meant to be more flexible (left as a generic data.frame)?

I would like to see the reporterInfo be an instance of a class much
like the phenoData in that it is data.frame like but also has some
description of what is in it.

So to me, the phenoData class might be better named AnnotatedDataFrame
and then both the phenoData and reporterInfo slots can have one of
these.

+ seth